Forth Railway Bridge
Work first commenced in January 1883.
5,000 men used 54,000 tons of steel, 250,000 tons of masonry and 8 million rivets in its building.
The total length of the bridge is over 1½ miles and the rails are 150 feet above high water.
The first train crossed the bridge on the 22nd January, 1890.
The Firth of Forth, photographed June, 2009